Back in the early noughts, Public Enemy’s Chuck D formed the world’s first virtual rap squad called The Impossebulls from a group of talented fans who frequented PE’s online forum, the Enemy Board. In 2004, the Bulls released their sophomore album, “Slave Education”, to retail via Chuck D’s SLAMjamz Records. In partnership with SLAMjamz, blocSonic recently re-released this under-appreciated album in our special Xtended Edition deluxe format with a second disc packed with bonus content. Since 2004, they’ve released various EPs, singles and compilations, but they have not released a full-length album of all new material since. That is, not until today!
blocSonic is very happy to be able to present to you, in conjunction with SLAMjamz, The Impossebulls’ incredible new album, Everything Has Changed; Nothing Is Different. From the beginning, they’ve been unapologetically sticking with that classic 90s hip-hop vibe… giving heads music that harkens back to an era that made the boom and the bap central. This new album is no different. However there is a difference. The difference lies in how well it captures the spirit of that era more so than any of their previous albums have. Listening to this album, it’s clear that these guys have grown up and have been making hip-hop for so long now that their skills have been honed to a polish.
Of course, it doesn’t hurt that they’ve had help from an incredible array of talented artists on this album! Most noteworthy (simply because of the important part they played in the history of this little thing called hip-hop) are Chuck D, DMC (Run-DMC) & Son of Bazerk and No Self Control! That isn’t it though… there’s DJ Lord and Brother Mike Williams of Public Enemy. There’s blocSonic artists CM aka Creative and cheese. Last, but surely not least, there’s also Sekreto & Cabelleros Del Plan G, Villain151, Boooka, Belle McNulty (who you may remember hearing on netBloc Vol. 44: Break From The System That Gotcha), and Tah Phrum Duh Bush who all play such important roles in making this album so memorable!
A very special thanks to The Impossebulls and all the incredible talents who made this album happen! I salute you.
Of course, thanks once again to you for downloading & listening. We always strive to deliver the music you’ll love. Please spread the word about blocSonic, if you enjoy what we do. Remember… everything we release is cool to share! Always keep the music moving… share it… blog it… podcast it! If you’re in radio… support independent music and broadcast it!.
- 01 - Chapter III (1:23)
- 02 - The Anthem of the Opening Act (C-Doc / Marcus J) (2:15)
- 03 - Runnin' With The Bulls (Marcus J / Mported Flows / C-Doc / cheese) (3:28)
- 04 - The GetBack (C-Doc / Chuck D / Tah Phrum Duh Bush / Marcus J / Brother Mike Williams) (3:40)
- 05 - The GetDown (C-Doc / Marcus J) (1:13)
- 06 - The GetUp (Marcus J / CM aka Creative / C-Doc) (3:15)
- 07 - Bigger Than You (Marcus J / CM aka Creative / Boooka) (4:51)
- 08 - Think (About It) (C-Doc / Mported Flows / Marcus J / DJ Lord) (3:27)
- 09 - Road Warriors (C-Doc / Marcus J / DMC) (3:52)
- 10 - August (Marcus J / CM aka Creative / C-Doc) (3:08)
- 11 - September (Marcus J) (:44)
- 12 - Erykah & Jean (Marcus J / C-Doc) (2:46)
- 13 - Breaker 1-2 (Marcus J / Sekreto & Cabelleros Del Plan G / Jamod Allah) (3:00)
- 14 - FreeSpit (Son of Bazerk / Marcus J / Half Pint / Jahwell / C-Doc / cheese) (3:36)
- 15 - The Breath I Got Left (Marcus J / Jamod Allah / CM aka Creative / C-Doc / Belle McNulty) (4:53)
- 16 - HaveNots Mascot (C-Doc / Def Chad / Villain151) (4:30)
- 17 - When It Dies (Marcus J) (2:46)