Today for this 7th annual Netlabel Day, we’re thrilled to welcome UK writer, composer & collagist Ergo Phizmiz to blocSonic! You may remember him from “netBloc Volume 28 (Why You Get A Record Deal?)”, which included a “Cycle Fragment” from his grand 2010 15 hour dream fable “The Faust Cycle”.
Right now we present to you “Thank Fuck For People Like Us”, a fantastic collection of recordings that up until this year, had been thought to be lost to disc rot. However, with an abundance of thanks to Vicki Bennett, collagist for People Like Us, you get to enjoy these marvelous avante-garde recordings. Be sure to check out the PDF booklet for the complete backstory about each recording.
Ergo, sir… thank you for allowing blocSonic to release this fantastic collection of sonic gems. Welcome to the blocSonic fam!
Of course, thanks once again to you for downloading & listening. We always strive to deliver the music you’ll love. Please spread the word about blocSonic, if you enjoy what we do. Remember… everything we release is cool to share! Always keep the music moving… share it… blog it… podcast it! If you’re in radio… support independent music and broadcast it!
- PDF (40 Pages) Download46 downloads
- 01 - Anarchist Zoo (1:32)
- 02 - Televisionhead (2:47)
- 03 - UmBeBrekekollage (19:04)
- 04 - Mrs. Dumbo on the Escalator After a Few Pints (6:11)
- 05 - Augustine (2:52)
- 06 - SymphonieVum (1st Movement) (5:32)
- 07 - SymphonieVum (2nd Movement) (3:39)
- 08 - SymphonieVum (3rd Movement) (4:42)
- 09 - Rose (7:33)
- 10 - Whiter Hair, Softer Teeth (23:51)
- 11 - Cautiona (1:44)
- 12 - Vaclavuum (4:41)
- 13 - Music for Antoni Gaudi (16:08)
- 14 - Manatee Dugong (3:30)
- 15 - Tam Lin (2:32)
- 16 - Cornish Pasties (3:06)
- 17 - A Picnic in Lyon With Vultures (4:19)
- 18 - Ballet For an Ostrich (4:02)
- 19 - Homoarachtus (21:35)