Welcome back to another volume of our eclectic netBloc series, “netBloc Vol. 34: The Whitewash”! It sure has been a while. For those of you who regularly download these compilations, I want to apologize for the mess that was “netBloc Vol. 34: ccMixter Strike’s The Root”. Just looking at that title, you might figure out what went wrong… or maybe you won’t. It should have read “Strikes”… and believe me… a third party let me know that there was something wrong. No matter how much I insisted that the amount of time that goes into prepping all files for release and uploading them prevented me from fixing that typo, a certain someone wasn’t letting it go. So I decided to do the unthinkable… to delete a release. I’m very sorry I had to do that… mostly to the artists who were featured on it and to you. Frankly, I wasn’t going to have a third party dictate to me how my time should be spent. Especially considering that they have NO clue how long it would have taken me to change nearly every file of the release for one typo. I have every right to say when I will or will not fix a problem with a release. No apology to the control freak who couldn’t understand that.
That release changed my perception about a certain someone in the Creative Commons community who’ll remain nameless. For a couple days it even soured me on netBloc releases altogether. However, when I finally cooled off, I realized that there was no way in hell that that person was going to ruin this for me. Frankly, I love sharing my love of netlabels and netaudio with you all and I still believe that I provide a valuable service to the community.
So, if you were wondering why I titled this one “The Whitewash”… it’s my way of wiping away the previous, negative version of Vol. 34 with this one which I packed with lots of musical goodness. Thank you many times over for continuing to remain interested and enjoying the music that blocSonic shares with you. Thanks again to all the artists, past & present, who’ve been part of what we do.
Remember… keep the music moving… share it… blog it… podcast it… if you’re in radio… support truly independent music and broadcast it!
- PDF (80 Pages)296 downloads
- 01 - The Easton Ellises - Yakuza Baby (3:47)
- 02 - The Womb - I Got Lost (4:38)
- 03 - Professor Kliq - Bollywood Blades (3:10)
- 04 - Maniax Memori - Scalp (6:47)
- 05 - Audiophil - Things Will Change (4:55)
- 06 - M.A.L.A. - Talking The Same (4:54)
- 07 - Frenic - Get Out Of Dodge (4:02)
- 08 - ILLUS and DJ Johnny Juice - Ready Remix (4:08)
- 09 - Tapiresque - Opus 7 (7:16)
- 10 - Plastic People - Elements Of A Love Affair (3:39)
- 11 - The Frankenstone - Place Where I Belong (2:11)
- 12 - dustmotes - Inner Tuning (5:46)
- 13 - Revolution Void - You Constellate The Good In Me (5:23)
- 14 - Joey Ripps - Fuck What You Think (Featuring Sleaze) (TSP's Fuckin' Remix) (4:05)