2010 has been an incredible year for blocSonic. We’ve had Boots Riley on ETHX’ “Boom to Bloom” and Chuck D on Just Plain Ant’s “Rumble, Young Man, Rumble”. We’ve released our first indie and pop albums with Friends or Whatever’s self-titled debut, Garmisch’s self-titled blocSonic debut and Liam Stewart’s “Sixteen Words”. We’ve re-released three netaudio albums with exclusive bonus content — CM aka Creative’s “The Classic Material Completion Package XE”, Tha Silent Partner’s “Tha Complete Platters Sessions XE” and Just Plain Ant’s “Songs About Something XE”. Including this one, we’ve released five more netBloc compilations packed with a wide array of netaudio gems from all over the world! On top of that, we brought the maxi-single to the world of netlabels and netaudio with our 12 maxBloc promotional singles! We’re serious about bringing a certain amount of professionalism to the world of netlabels and we’re glad to see a host of other netlabels stepping their game up and doing so also. While the mainstream is sleeping, let’s all continue to work together and make this netlabel/netaudio scene an enviable source of amazing music!
Although it’s been an amazing year, it’s time that we say goodbye to 2010 and say hello to 2011! For blocSonic it’s looking to be another great one! Here’s a quick look at our packed schedule:
- Feb. 1st — Joey Ripps (hip-hop)
- Feb. 22nd — netBloc Vol. 32
- Mar. 15th — Jeremy Macachor (experimental)
- Apr. 5th — netBloc Vol. 33
- Apr. 26th — Mach FoX (electro-punk)
- May 31st — Sobria Ebrietas (experimental)
- Jun. 28th — netBloc Vol. 34
- Jul. 26th — Just Plain Ant (hip-hop)
- Aug. 2nd — netBloc Vol. 35
- Aug. 30th — Sleaze (hip-hop)
- Sep. 27th — netBloc Vol. 36
- Oct. 25th — 13adluck (hip-hop)
- Nov. 22nd — netBloc Vol. 37
- Dec. 20th — netBloc Vol. 38
Not listed here are the 14 scheduled promotional maxBloc maxi-singles and the as yet un-finalized special releases that we’re working on (eg. Xtended Editions and other special releases). Though, do keep an eye out for special announcements of a new Tha Silent Partner project and a Garmisch Xtended Edition!
Thanks to all netBloc participants… you all helped start what we’ve been building since 2007. Thanks to current and future blocSonic fam — Just Plain Ant, Formula, Luck & Ripps (Joey Ripps & 13adluck), CM aka Creative, ETHX, Friends or Whatever, Garmisch, Liam Stewart, Jeremy Macachor, Mach FoX, Sobria Ebrietas & Sleaze; I definitely couldn’t have taken blocSonic to the next level without you! There’s more to do and you’re all welcome to continue to be a part of it!
Finally, most of all, thanks to everyone who regularly makes blocSonic releases a priority and to everyone who is just discovering us now… you’ve helped make what we do worthwhile. We’ve got more in store for you, so we hope you’ll continue to listen to the art we all make available to you. Of course, all we ask is that you keep the music moving… share it… blog it… podcast it… broadcast it!
- PDF (68 Pages)308 downloads
- 01 - NanowaR Of Steel - NanowaR (4:04)
- 02 - The Insider - The Great Break-off (2:46)
- 03 - Coolzey - Enjoy Your Holiday (3:31)
- 04 - Dead Poets - Bottles of Reason (2:22)
- 05 - Josh Woodward - Cherubs (4:16)
- 06 - Entertainment for the Braindead - Run! (Das Kraftfuttermischwerk Remix) (3:55)
- 07 - Pinkle - Fractals (3:32)
- 08 - Big Blood - Creepin' Crazy Time (4:33)
- 09 - Silence Is Full Of Birds - Flowers (3:12)
- 10 - Mik le Désaxé & YuAir - L’oeil qui ne sechait plus (3:50)
- 11 - Architect 25 - A Craftier Thief (3:24)
- 12 - mGee - Movin' (5:17)